- The student’s last report card or unofficial transcripts (High School students only)
- Three (3) pieces of identification showing proof of residency
- Birth Certificate
- Up-to-date Immunization Record
- Individual Education Plan (IEP), if special services are required
- If applicable, a School of Choice form must also be filled out.
- Driver's License
- Voter Registration Card
- Utility Bill
- Purchase, Lease or Rental Agreement
- Bank Deposit Slip
- Canceled Check with your address
- Other mail sent to your residence (not junk mail)
To enroll your student in Van Buren Public Schools during the summer, please go to the VBPS Administration Building at 555 W. Columbia Avenue, Belleville. Enrollment hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. The Administration building will be closed on Fridays during July. The enrollment form and other required enrollment documentation can be found below.
How to Enroll Your Student
Enrollment takes place at the school that your child will be attending. If you are unsure of which school your child will attend, please contact the Administration Building at (734) 697-9123 ex. 1014.
The following information is required to enroll your student:
Other important items to bring:
Parents/guardians must accompany students under 18 years of age. Students must be present when enrolling at Belleville High School.
If possible, you should bring the last report card from the previous school when enrolling your student in elementary or middle school. For high school students, an unofficial transcript is required in compliance with Michigan State Law.
Proof of Residency
To enroll a student, three (3) pieces of identification showing proof of residency are required. The student must be living with a parent, or court guardianship papers must be presented. Foster Parents must provide Foster Care License Number. Proof of residency may include any of the following: