VBPS Food Services
VBPS Food Services Vision Statement
The vision of the Van Buren Public Schools Food Service Department is to promote excellence in food and nutrition services while keeping the student body happy, healthy and well fed. To educate students on the importance of making nutritious and healthy food choices, and the impact it can have throughout their lives.
Eat @ School, You’ll Rule!! :-)FREE AND REDUCED PRICED MEAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
Fill out your application here:
- Anyone may apply for free or reduced priced meals.
- Eligibility is based on federal income guidelines and the number of people in your household.
- Application information is kept strictly confidential and use primarily to determine meal eligibility and Title I benefits.
- Please complete the entire application.
- Incomplete applications will be returned, unprocessed.
- This is a federal requirement and no exceptions can be made.
- If you have more than one child in our district, all children can be put on one application.
- While your application is being processed, we recommend that you provide your child with either a bag lunch or money to purchase meals.
- Allow at least 10 days for applications to be processed.
- You will receive an "Approval/Denial" letter with the results of the application indicating free/reduced or denied status which will supersede your child's temporary eligibility.
Online Free & Reduced Lunch Application
PaySchoolsPaySchools is a secure way to pay online for your student's lunches. In order to fund your child's lunch account, please follow the steps below:1) Login to the ParentConnect Portal with your PIN and Password. Your school secretary can assist you if you need this information.2) Click on your student's name, and you will see a variety of options on the menu at left.3) Click on the Cafeteria link in the menu at left4) Click on the "Online Food Service Payment" at far right.
5) Enter the amount you would like to add to your student's cafeteria account.
6) Follow the prompts to enter your payment information.
Questions? Call the Food Service Office at 734-697-0011.We will be happy to assist you.