Please take note of the following information when applying for transportation:
- A Transportation Request Form must be filled out online. Once completed, the form will automatically be submitted to the Transportation Department. Before submitting the form, double check that all information is accurate (if you have an auto-fill feature on your device, this could enter unwanted information). Once you are sure all information is correct, press the "Submit form" button.
- Once you have filled out and submitted the form, you will receive an email notification that the form has been successfully submitted.
- Once the form has been processed, and your student has been assigned a bus route, you will receive an email notification that the form has been completed. At this time, your student is set to start riding a bus.
- If you are unable to fill out the form online, please contact Transportation Staff.
- If we have not received and processed a Transportation Request Form for a student, that student is not eligible to ride a school bus.
- We are no longer sending out postcards with busing information at the beginning of the school year. Instead, busing information can be found on your MiStar Parent Portal. Directions for accessing this information are available HERE.
- Please understand that we cannot guarantee every student will get the stop location that has been requested. Stop locations are assigned to students based on location, safety, and availability of routes.
- As part of our efforts to make routing as efficient as possible without sacrificing student or driver safety, student stop location and times may change as our routes are updated and adjusted.
- We utilize community stop locations throughout our school district when possible.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to get your child to and from their assigned bus stop location.
- We ask that parents and students review our department’s rules for behavior both on the bus and at bus stops, as they are expected to understand and follow these rules. Transportation rules can be found HERE.
The Transportation Request Form is found HERE!
IS YOUR STUDENT IN PRE-SCHOOL OR KINDERGARTEN? We also require the following form: Emergency Contact Form.
SCHOOL OF CHOICE Transportation
Parents of School of Choice students are required to provide their own transportation for their students. Our department, as a courtesy, may provide transportation for your student, based on the space availability. If you are interested in transportation for your School of Choice student, please fill out a Transportation Request Form.
BUS STOP LOCATIONs
Our bus stop locations change from year to year. We will assign your School of Choice student to an existing stop location within our district that will not cause overload on the bus, or additional cost to the transportation department. Your student must go to the stop location assigned by this department. If this department has to change your child's stop location, parents will be notified and we will offer another stop location. You are responsible for getting your child to and from their assigned stop location.