RULES FOR THE SCHOOL BUS
At the Bus Stop and Boarding the Bus
- Parents are responsible for getting students to and from the bus in a safe and timely manner, and for students while at the bus stop.
- Students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes before scheduled stop times.
- If students need to cross the road, they should wait until the bus is stopped, and the red stop lights are flashing. Students should always cross the road in front of the bus where the driver can see them. Be cautious when crossing any roadway.
- Students should wait off the road until the doors of the bus are open before approaching.
- Students may not ride a bus they are not assigned to, nor ride to/from a stop that they are not assigned to.
Riding the Bus
- Follow instructions given by the bus driver or aide the first time they are given.
- Remain seated, facing forward, and out of the aisle while the bus is in motion; personal belongings should be kept in your lap or on the floor under your feet; no personal items should be left in the aisle.
- The driver is authorized to assign seats; remain in your assigned seat.
- Be respectful: use indoor voices; do not use profanity; do not harass, intimidate, threaten or bully others; do not use abusive or rude language or behavior.
- Be responsible with electronic devices; use headphones or turn the volume off; do not share your device with others; do not record video.
- Keep your hands to yourself: No hitting, spitting, or fighting.
- No eating or drinking.
- Do not use aerosol sprays, cologne, perfume, or other substances with a strong odor.
- Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus at all times. Windows may only be opened with permission from the bus driver or aide.
- Do not throw objects, whether on or out of the bus.
- Possession of tobacco, alcohol, illegal substances, or weapons is prohibited.
- Do not damage or tamper with anything on the bus; you will be charged for any damages.
- Face masks will be required for all general education students who ride the bus. There are no exceptions to this rule.
All VBPS school buses are equipped with video and audio surveillance, which may be used to ensure passenger safety and compliance with rules.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding transportation, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 734.699.5100.