Haggerty School houses many programs.
There are the eight "district run" preschool classes. We put them together in one group known as the Early Childhood Development Center (ECDC.)
The ECDC is actually three different programs including:
- Great Start Readiness Program (also known as GSRP)- This is a program funded by the State of Michigan for 4 year olds who meet certain criteria set by the State. We have 4 classrooms for GSRP.
- Early Childhood Program (ECP)- This is a program funded by state and federal dollars, and is overseen by the Special Education Department. Students in these classes show the need for a little extra help, and qualify for the program through an evaluation process. We have 3 classrooms of ECP.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Preschool (ASD)- This program is also state and federally funded, and run by the Special Education Department. Students must be evaluated and found to meet the eligibility requirements for Autism Spectrum Disorder. There is one classroom for ASD Preschool.
Also in our school:
- While the District does not run these federally funded preschool classes, we have a long relationship with Head Start. We will be working even more closely with them, helping students find the preschool placement that best suits them.
- In addition to all of our preschool programs, we also have the "Transitions" Classroom for adult age students transitioning out of school by building job skills and securing employment. This program is funded by the state and run through the Special Education Department.