Regional Enhancement Millage Renewal Proposal Information
On the November 3 ballot
In these unprecedented times, we need to renew our support for Wayne County schools because keeping our school strong is a key part of keeping our community strong.
- Renewing the regional enhancement millage is an investment in every community in Wayne County- encouraging higher property values and promoting safe, stable neighborhoods.
- Strong schools help make Wayne County a great place to live, raise a family work, or launch a business.
- Strengthening our schools supports our future workforce, which will help attract new families, businesses, and talent to Wayne County.
The Wayne RESA enhancement millage has provided critical financial support for local districts faced with state budget cuts - allowing them to promote safety, prepare students for jobs, and provide world-class programming for both special education and general education students.
- Because of the enhancement millage, districts have been able to improve schools in a variety of ways, including lowering class sizes, improving technology and security, adding valuable STEM and career education programs, making facility improvements, and attracting talented teachers.
- The current regional enhancement millage is providing schools with resources that would otherwise not be available to help address new costs related to the current health crisis and a safe return to school for both online and in-school instruction.
- The millage renewal allows public schools to support all Wayne County students and give them the opportunity to succeed, especially our most at-risk populations, including students with disabilities.
Wayne County's public school districts have been fiscally responsible stewards of the enhancement millage and the funding provided by this renewal will continue to be spent wisely and transparently.
- Every penny generated from this proposal will be distributed on a per-student basis to local school districts and public school academies to help keep schools safe and improve programs for Wayne County students.
- Wayne County schools have kept their promise to use the enhancement millage wisely and if passed this renewal will continue to undergo independent audits and all spending will be tracked on a public website to ensure tax dollars are being spent transparently and with accountability.
- Renewing this important proposal is not a tax increase and will continue to cost the average Wayne County homeowner less than $8.00 per month with 100% of funds going to Wayne County public schools and public school academies so they can keep schools safe, and improve programs and services for students.