To enroll your student in Van Buren Public Schools during the summer, please go to the VBPS Website at Click on the Menu Tab>Parent Tab>How to Enroll>Enrollment Link.  If you have any questions regarding enrollment over the summer, please contact the Administration Building at 734-697-9123 ext. 1014.  Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. The Administration Building will be closed on Fridays during July. Please see below for enrollment information and links to enroll your student(s).  Please visit your school's website for more information. 


Enrollment takes place at the school that your child will be attending. If you are unsure of which school your child will attend, please use the following link Locate My School or contact the Administration Building at (734) 697-9123 ext. 1014

School of Choice Application Window:  May 10th - October 6th, 2021

School of Choice Application

The following information is required to enroll your student:

All documents required to enroll, can be uploaded on the pre-enrollment form online.  

The student’s last report card or unofficial transcripts (High School students only)

  • Three (3) pieces of identification showing proof of residency

  • Birth Certificate

  • Up-to-date Immunization Record

  • Individual Education Plan (IEP), if special services are required

  • If applicable, a School of Choice form must also be filled out.

Parents/guardians must accompany students under 18 years of age. Students must be present when enrolling at Belleville High School.

Last Report Card or Unofficial Transcripts

If possible, you should bring the last report card from the previous school when enrolling your student in elementary or middle school. For high school students, an unofficial transcript is required in compliance with Michigan State Law.

Proof of Residency

To enroll a student, three (3) pieces of identification showing proof of residency are required. The student must be living with a parent, or court guardianship papers must be presented. Foster Parents must provide Foster Care License Number. Proof of residency may include any of the following:

  • Driver's License

  • Voter Registration Card

  • Utility Bill

  • Purchase, Lease or Rental Agreement

  • Bank Deposit Slip

  • Canceled Check with your address

  • Other mail sent to your residence (not junk mail)